rails

rails

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

God of Abundance

“for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.”
Psalm 50:10 NIV
http://bible.com/111/psa.50.10.niv

God speaks of his infinite abundance here. He doesn't need our sacrifices or anything else. As our Creator, he owns it all!

He is speaking to his people, Israel, in this Psalm of Asaph. He's not too happy with them either. It's like he's calling court and speaking to them as judge, jury and executioner (which only he can legitimately do).

Too often I think I forget that God is unlimited and that his resources are available to his people for his mission. 

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE ADDED TO YOU." (Matthew 6:33, emphasis mine)

When we are on task and joining him in his holy search and rescue mission, God delights in resourcing us. We must remember this when we pray. We ask for his provision even as we ask for his vision and direction. 

Rarely is provision what limits us, by the way. The challenge is usually our willingness to surrender all and fully rely on him in this great work.

Lord, I confess that I forget that you, not only have the cattle on a thousand hills but that you, make your infinite resources available to your people when they share the good news that your kingdom is at hand. 

Help me remember you're a great and good God just waiting for me to join you fully and faithfully in your kingdom work. Cleanse me and fill me with your Holy Spirit. Make me usable then use me up for your glory and our good. In Jesus' name, amen.