rails

rails

Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Response SC: Praying for our Nation

The Response SC (theresponsesc.com) begins this morning. I will go and serve wherever they need me. I'm looking forward to it.

This event feels different than the other large-scale prayer events I've seen promoted in the past. For one, it's not being led with an ecumenical emphasis which tends to water down the Gospel. Also, while this was initiated (it appears) by the Governor, there will be no speeches. No one stands before the people more than 45 seconds either. No introductions or logos or egos. Just prayer. I love it!

We'll see how it plays out. But I love the idea that our Governor cares enough about what God thinks to actually call for the Church in SC to have a day of solemn assembly--to pray for our state and nation. We need God!


May God hear our prayers and meet with us.

In God we trust.