rails

rails

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Why Glad Submission?

"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." (Psalms 139:16 NLT)


God is big.

I know this. Still, I'm reminded today that God is so big.

Why? Because of what David writes in these verses about what God is like.

"You (God) saw me (David) before I was born"

God sees the future. More than that, he's so big, he's outside of time. He sees all of time as right now!

What's future (or past) to us is present to him. He is literally outside of time. After all, he created time. He looks at the timeline that represents our world and he sees everything from the very beginning to the very end as now. Wow.

"Every day of my (David's) life was recorded in your book."

Notice it says "was." As in, God's already written down everything David's done and will do. Yikes! That's big!

He's big enough to know details about each of us--every step of our lives.

"Every moment was laid out"

God's also sovereign. He's not just big but a big king. He's our creator too, so there's that. Because he's our creator, he gets to rule over us. He decided who he wanted to create and for what purpose. This just follows logically.

In the very beginning, he "laid out" every moment of our life "before a single day had passed." He's that big. This doesn't mean I'm a puppet with no choice. It does mean he's extremely powerful. More powerful than we can even imagine.

God is big. Anyone who can speak something into existence from nothing is awesome. He's worthy of our worship and praise and allegiance, as a result.

This comforts me. He not only knows me but he knew me before I was born--and he still created me and he still wants to know me. I'm wanted. I'm loved.

I'm grateful.
I'm affirmed.
I'm accepted.
I'm forgiven.
I'm loved.

This encourages me. He has plans for me. He created me with meaningful purpose. He took the time to lay this out for me.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me so much! I am not worthy. I gladly submit my life to you, Lord! Amen.