rails

rails

Monday, February 23, 2015

Trouble Worshiping God? Me too.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1 NIV

It hurts my brain to think God created the universe. 
With words.
From nothing.
And that he keeps it going.

But what is even more incomprehensible to me is:

1. God has no beginning. He's always been there. No birth. No starting point. He is the uncaused cause. It blows my mind.

Think about it a minute. He never wasn't God. There never was a time when he wasn't God.

The other is...

2. At some point in the past, I didn't exist. Not my soul. Not my mind. Like nothing. Before he created me, I was not.

Think about it like this, "Where was I before God created me?"

Wow.

So if you're struggling with worshiping God, perhaps it's because you're view of him is too small. 

I wish I could say that I don't struggle with this. But, I do. A lot. I undersize God regularly in the way that I live. In the lack of faith I have in him. In the amount of time I live as if he's irrelevant. I blow this one regularly. But there's hope! It comes when I think rightly about God.

When I think of God as this big, I'm humbled and moved to fearful and respectful awe and worship. He is worthy. He is so worthy.


What is God saying to you?

What are you going to do about it?