rails

rails

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Are You Testing God?

So they quarreled with Moses and said, “Give us water to drink.” Moses replied, “Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?” (‭Exodus‬ ‭17‬:‭2‬ NIV)


I was convicted about this verse today.

The line that got me was, "Why do you put the LORD to the test?" I would never want to do that.

But I have.

How, you ask? Well, the same way the Israelites did. They "quarreled" with their leader as he was following the LORD.

Yeah, I've done that. Many times.

It just hit me today--the combination of me quarreling (read: arguing or complaining) with someone following the LORD who's trying to lead others to do the same. It is us putting "The LORD to the test."

I don't know exactly what putting the LORD to the test means. But it sounds ominous like pushing him too far with a wicked, foolish heart. I don't want to do that. Complaining and arguing with a heart not beating with His is sin. No wonder it tests the LORD.


So what?

Who are you criticizing? Be careful? What or who are you complaining about? I don't think you want to "put the LORD to the test either."


What is God saying to you right now?

What are you going to do about it?