rails

rails

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Better Decision-Making (Andy Stanley)

"The goal of leadership is not to eradicate uncertainty but rather to navigate it." @AndyStanley


3 Questions to ask when making decisions: (by Andy Stanley)


  1. What would my replacement do? Brings objectivity to the decision. Ex. Andy Grove of Intel
  2. What would a great leader do? (Bill Hybels) This takes you out of the smallness of your current circumstances. Ex. Truitt Cathy "If we get better, people will demand that we get bigger."
  3. What story do I want to tell? Every decision I make is nothing more than a story I tell. Every decision is a part of my story. This is the legacy question. Don't ever make a choice that makes you a liar for life. Success comes and goes. But your story stays with you forever.