rails

rails

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Listen up! LOL




  • Psalms 81:8 (NLT)

    8“Listen to me, O my people, while I give you stern warnings.O Israel, if you would only listen to me!
  • Psalms 81:11 (NLT)

    11“But no, my people wouldn’t listen.Israel did not want me around.
  • Psalms 81:13 (NLT)

    13Oh, that my people would listen to me!Oh, that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths!


    Listen. Obey. Lead.



    God tells us over and over to listen to his voice or his words to us. We have lots of reasons for not listening too. (time, energy, don't understand, don't know how)

    At the end of the day, we know we need this. So I'm simply going to remind you one way to keep this in front of you: 

    Listen. Spend enough time alone with God that you actually recognize his voice when he speaks to you. Yes, it's written down in the Bible. But he speaks to us through his Spirit. Would you even recognize his voice if he spoke to you right now? This is crucial to walk with God. A relationship isn't lived in silence. There is two-way communication regularly or it will wither and die. 

    Obey. What good is it to listen to a good and great God if you won't listen and obey what he leads you to do. None.

    Lead. You aren't following if you're not leading. Jesus lead others to follow himself. We will do the same if we're following Jesus. This isn't complicated, folks.

    There are many ways and tools out there for you to use to spend time alone with God. You have them on your shelf, most likely. Get a place. Get a plan. Get a partner to hold you accountable. Get started. Listen to God. LOL!