Based on words of John in his gospel, "therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life In his name" John 20:30-31 (From Blueprint by Jaeson Ma) Organic Leadership, p 264
The 7 signs can be applied to any size group
1. The turning of water to wine (2:1-12)
2. The healing of the royal official's son (4:46-54)
3. The healing of the paralytic at the pool of Bethesda (5:1-17)
4. The feeding of the five thousand (6:1-14)
5. The walking on water (6:15-25)
6. The healing of the man born blind (9:1-41)
7. The raising of Lazarus (11:1-46)
The way it works is that each week the person(s) you are sharing with are encouraged to read one of the stories once every day. So in the first week, they read the story of Jesus turning water into wine every day. At the end of the week when you get together and read the passage, you ask 4 simple questions and have a discussion about the passage. The questions are:
1. What does this story say to you about human nature?
2. What does this story say to you about the person of Jesus?
3. In what ways does this story affect your way of thinking about your own life?
4. With whom should you share this story?
Neil writes, "every organic church I have ever started began going weekly through these stories and simply answering the questions. I have yet to through this process and not have someone commit to following Christ. I am not guaranteeing you the same results, but we can take the Holy Spirits word for it that these stories will help people believe in Jesus." p 265
I encourage you to try it!