rails

rails

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 10 Years Later

New WTC is now tallest building in Lower Manhatten

I'll share now what I shared with our youth group at Raleigh Road Baptist Church 10 years ago after 9/11. There was a tower tragedy in Jesus' day too...

Actually, there were two tragedies. One involved the government murdering some of it's citizens and the other involved a tower that fell and killed 18 people.

In that day, when people died tragic deaths it was often believed that they had sinned and this was God's way of judging them. While that may have been true at times, it's not God's pattern and, as Jesus indicates, misses the point.

So what is the point when God allows tragedies to occur? The point is that He allows it to, among other things, cause the guilty to repent and turn back to Him.

What about you? Will it take another tragedy for you to repent. Join me in praying a prayer of repentance right now.

"Lord, I confess _____________ right now. I am not just sorry I've done (or not done) this. I want to turn away from repeating this offensive behavior. I want to live purely for you. Help me 'Seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness' today. Cleanse me and fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may walk in purity and power. In Jesus' fully sufficient name I pray, amen."


Now pray for those around you that live, work and play inside your personal "circle of responsibility."