rails

rails

Saturday, August 06, 2011

The Lord is for ALL People


S - "The Lord will strike Egypt, and then he will bring healing. For the Egyptians will turn to the Lord, and he will listen to their pleas and heal them." NLT

Using Wayne Cordeiro's SOAP method: http://www.enewhope.org/firststeps/journaling/

S cripture - Write out the entire verse you are going to journal on. (see above)

O bservations - The Lord is doing everything to Egypt in this verse. First he strikes them and then he heals them. The Egyptians will turn to the Lord (in Isaiah's day apparently). The Lord responds with healing to them because they believe and cry to him for help and healing.

A pplications - The application here is that the Lord will turn to anyone who turns to him.

When I think of the Egyptians, I think of Moses and the exodus. I think of the 10 plagues and how God pounded Egypt. My impression from reading about this over the years is that Egypt would never recover from their pride and stubbornness against the Lord. And yet here I see the Lord promising that when they turn to him, he will hear their cry and heal them and that there will be 5 cities of people who turn and follow him. (18) Truly the Lord is merciful to all people.

P rayer - Lord, thank you for reminding me that you are for all people! That you are a God of mercy and grace! Thank you for pouring out your mercy and grace on me! Now may I fully and faithfully pour out your mercy and grace on others around the corner and around the world. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.