rails

rails

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker: Book Review & Summary


Book Review:
Wow. I just finished reading it. Wow...

From halfway through the book to the end each page is a crescendo of adrenaline and passion...truth and love.

Blood

The images of God's infinite love for His Bride, is all over this story. I'll never sing about the blood of Christ the same way. I now have a much greater understanding of the power of the blood of Christ. No wonder so many hymns include this theme in their verses...

Hero

A new picture of heroism is in this book. Another view of the love of God as well. It seems that Dekker can't find enough ways to entrall us with his heroes...this hero, Thomas (from the Circle series by Dekker).

Song of Solomon

Something I did while reading this novel was read through the Biblical book Song of Songs or Song of Solomon. Dekker mentioned it's influence on this story in an interview I heard recently. I "happened" to be reading through the Bible and hit the beginning of that book of the Bible. Today. So I read it through completely this morning before getting back to IV. (in the New Living Translation) It's influence was vivid. I recommend this as part of your reading experience. It will take you less than 20 minutes. I suggest a modern translation for greatest clarity like the NLT like here.

His Story

This one will be read and read again. Why? Because it fulfills Dekker's mission in writing I remember him telling us at The Gathering in Franklin, TN in 2009. That all his stories are just retellings of The Story. His Story. Ah, and what a beautiful story it is!

If you think that this is just Ted's attempt to cash in on the vampire phenomena in novels today, don't buy it. He shames those stories. And actually, that is a small part of the storyline anyway. In fact, his mythology began before all of that. Back in another powerful story found in a a few lost books and a circle of colors: Black, Red, White and Green.

So here is my disclaimer: Yes, Thomas Nelson sent me a free copy to read and review to my heart's content. And I've done this several times before. But few books have moved me like this one. Few indeed.

I recommend this book for you to read and to give away. For those considered His Bride and for those not yet so blessed.

May the blood of Immanuel's Veins flow through yours...

Darien of Roe, Lover of the Great Romancer


Book Description from Thomas Nelson

This story is for everyone--but not everyone is for this story.

It is a dangerous tale of times past. A love story full of deep seduction. A story of terrible longing and bold sacrifice.

Then as now, evil begins its courtship cloaked in light. And the heart embraces what it should flee. Forgetting it once had a truer lover.

With a kiss, evil will ravage body, soul, and mind. Yet there remains hope, because the heart knows no bounds.

Love will prove greater than lust. Sacrifice will overcome seduction. And blood will flow.

Because the battle for the heart is always violently opposed. For those desperate to drink deep from this fountain of life, enter.

But remember, not everyone is for this story.

Book Trailer