rails

rails

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Shape of Things to Come by Michael Frost & Alan Hirsch

This book challenged me on a number of fronts as a pastor and Christian.

It challenged me to reconsider the "come and see" method of doing church. I have been a part of this strategy in church ministry for 11+ years and have seen it work--but not real well. When I read the book of Acts, I find a great chasm between what I see there and what I've experienced here so far...

It challenged me on the leadership roles in the church. We really do emphasize the pastor-teacher role over the prophet, apostle and evangelist roles. Why didn't I see this before...

It challenged me because the print was so small...

It took me a while to get through this, honestly. But it was worth it. I'm starting to put books down without finishing them. But this one was worth plowing through to the end. I recommend it heartily!