rails

rails

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Are you seriously engaged?

As it relates to lives transformed by Christ, author and professor Dallas Willard writes,

In a recent talk here in the Chicago area, Dallas Willard made a comment on spiritual formation that haunts me. “…all this appears to the ordinary Christian today like near or distant galaxies in the night sky: visible, somehow, but inaccessible in the conditions of life as we know them. Hence you will rarely meet an individual Christian who is seriously engaged in the transformation depicted in the Bible…or who even has a hope for anything like it this side of heaven.”


God has called me to lead and influence people to love God and love people around the corner and around the world. That equals life transformation. We know we have transformed lives when those lives are transforming the world around them. That's what I'm praying for. That's what I'm living to see happen. Will you join me?