rails

rails

Friday, October 03, 2008

ICE: In Case of Emergency

Have you ever wondered what the paramedics would do if they found you at the scene of an accident unconscious, without an ID (stolen?) but still with your cell phone? Perhaps they should call someone in your phone address book. But wait, if you're like me you have dozens of numbers. Your emergency contact is not obvious to an EMT. Who should they call?

Based on a recent email I received, let me recommend you create a new contact in you phone called 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency). I understand this is becoming standard operating procedure for many paramedics. Whether it is or not, if enough people do this many will think to check should the need arise.

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.

On a slightly related note, here is what came up when I googled "Incaseofemergency": http://www.readybooks.us