rails

rails

Thursday, September 11, 2008

20 Foiled Terrorist Plots

I join millions of Americans in remembering those who lost their lives and the families they left behind as we look back to 9.11.01. I learned today that 58,000 people worked in the World Trade Center at that time. While one life is too many, I'm amazed that more were not lost in that diabolical attack on our nation.

But as amazing as that is, I'm even more amazed that we haven't had another successful attack in the 7 years since. I'm in awe of what God can do when He wants to protect a nation--even a nation that is drifting away from Him. He is so patient. 
Father, I praise you for your goodness. I thank you for your protection. And I pray for your continued protection and mercy as we seek to turn our nation back to you. May your Holy Spirit move in our churches and turn our hearts toward you. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
This from Gary Bauer:
In the seven years since that dark day, America has been spared the horror of another massive terrorist attack. That is not for lack of effort on the part of the Islamofascists. They have repeatedly tried to strike us from the shadows. This morning, Fox News published a list of 20 plots that have been foiled since 9/11.