rails

rails

Friday, August 15, 2008

Vacation? What's that?

Vacations are surreal. I've only been back 2 days and I'm left wondering if I really went.

We were gone for 10 days. We didn't stay too busy. Just one day at SeaWorld. The rest on the beach or lounging around the condo. We played games, ate a lot, read lots of books, watched the Olympics every night and overdosed on Disney Channel. (trust me, it was too much)

Here I am my second day back trying to catch up. I'm already tired! What's that all about?

Jesus got tired too. I need to remember that. But he also took time to pull away. To rest. To pull away from the intensity of life. I got to do that. I got to slow down, play games with my girls, walk on the beach and build sand castles just because. I got splashed by Shamu and fed the sea lions raw fish...and I got to read and listen to God speak.

So now I'm back in the jungle. But hopefully I'm better prepared to handle all that comes my way. Thank you for vacations, Lord.