rails

rails

Monday, May 26, 2008

You are the Church

"You are the church. It's not any of these buildings or any of these venues or paid positions. You are the church. Now go out and make disciples." -Greg Teselle

I haven't read Teselle's controversial book Pagan Christianity, but I like this quote.

As a pastor of a portable church I struggle with when to build a physical church building versus renting space. There's this constant tension from many of your people to build as if to say without a physical building that you own you're not a "real church". I don't think people realize they communicate that but it comes through pretty often. They think everything would be easier if we just had our own building. I'm here to tell you that it's easier not having one.

What do you think is easier and why?

And to the quote, do you think we live more like we are the church or our stuff is the church?