rails

rails

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pray 1:23

In an effort to more consistently live by faith, I understand I must pray. Prayer is simply a demonstration of my faith that God hears and answers my prayers. If I only talk about prayer, I'm not really relying on God and therefore not pleasing Him. (Heb. 11:6)

So I came up with this (it's probably already out there in some form but here is my version) simple way to remember at least one more time each day to pray.

I'm calling it, Pray 1:23. A little cheesy but work with me on this.

Love God for 1 minute so you’ll love people the rest of the day.

Love God in 2 ways: 1. By praising him for who he is ("God is great, God is good" is who He is) and 2. By thanking Him for all He’s done. ("And we thank Him for our food" (all things--what He's done))

Love People 3 ways: 1. Inward-cleanse me and fill me, 2. Outward-blessed to be a blessing & 3. Upward-Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

But what's going to make this so powerful is that I'm challenging you to join me in praying at that moment each day. It's uncanny how many times our eyes catch that digital clock reading 1:23. So why not turn it into an ally. So I'm calling all of my church and all of you (yes, all 3 of you!) to join me in this simple but powerful discipline.

If you have other thoughts about how to improve this, I'm all ears.

Use it and make it your own. If it gets others praying, I don't care who gets the credit.

Share any verses that are 1:23 that might be appropriate to include with this ally in this war we fight. For ex. Matthew 1:23 includes, "God with us." A pretty powerful reminder each day at 1:23.

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"[a]—which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23 NIV