rails

rails

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fool?

Speaking of his own daughters, Presidential hopeful Senator Barak Obama said recently in Pennsylvania, “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby. I don’t want them punished with an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease)…”

This reads like he's equating an unplanned pregnancy (a baby) with venereal disease. While I hate this mindset I will not let it drive me to hate him. I will pray for Obama (and Clinton too).

There may be such a thing as unplanned pregnancy but there is no such thing as an unplanned life. God isn't caught off guard when someone gets pregnant. He is the Giver of life. Everyone born is born on purpose-for a purpose. And they are a "masterpiece" of God.
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
--Apostle Paul, Letter to the Ephesians 2:10