rails

rails

Sunday, February 17, 2008

YouVersion::Is it 4 u?

I've been watching this new website called YouVersion that is an interactive online bible. Here's what they say about themselves:

Welcome to YouVersion

A revolutionary online Bible that enables community and collaboration like never before.

Organize - YouVersion empowers you to organize the content that's important to you!

Share - Simply share meaningful content with anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Community - YouVersion makes it easy to connect and collaborate with others.

Contribute - With YouVersion you have the power to share your content with your closest friends, family, or anyone online!

I'm eager to find something online that is truly a tool and help for online bible reading and such. This site seems to approach that although it has a way to go. I like the use of technology but it's still pretty restrictive in what you can do. Kudos to Lifechurch.tv for their pioneering efforts here. I noticed that Northpoint.org church has plugged it as well.

Anyway, check it out and get back to me here. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Tell me what you wish it had that it doesn't. I'm trying to figure out how it can help us and how we should promote it. I'd like to promote it when we do our series through Romans when I challenge our church to really dig into God's word.

Another tool that I found very helpful is echoprayer.