rails

rails

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What we are thankful for...

It seems only appropriate to thank the Grace family for all the gratitude poured out Sunday.

Everyone was given the opportunity to share what they were thankful for on a card. The response was overwhelming!

I found it profound that people and relationships were what we were most thankful for. God and faith were high on the list too. But it's appropriate that we would be thankful for people. God is passionate about people and we should be too.

I was moved just reading this list. I hope you'll slow down and read some, if not all, of the list. I hope you'll take advantage of the comments feature and add some more to the list as well.

These were shared by members and guests as part of our worship service Sunday, August 12, 2007. May they bless you as much as they blessed me.

Everyday of my life

Your eternal presence

Grace

Family and Friends

A comfortable living

Good Spiritual training

Freedom

Visit from Mary and Erika

Larry

Dr. Casterlone and my other doctors

Mike

Thankful for my salvation

Jesus

My Family

Good Health

Christian Friends

God’s Provision

Grace Christian Fellowship

The United States of America

Family

Friends

Youth trip to Carowinds

Trip to DC

Job

Church

A place to live

Food

Family

Jobs

House

Cars

Friends

Church – Grace

Money in the Bank

Health

Living in USA

Salvation

Husband

Children

Health

Parents

Church Family

In-Laws

Small Groups

Dubose Middle School

Home

Friends – old and new

Food

The Written Word

Men willing to serve our country

Education

My wife

My grandchildren

My health

My eyes and ears

My son, Darien

I can look after myself

Darien’s wife and children

Salvation

Family

Home

Health

Friends

Worship

Church

Music

Gifts

Blessings

Faith

Bible

The Ladies’ Bible Study Group

Air conditioning

Our vehicles

My job

My home

My beautiful children

My grandmother

My husband

My ability to walk again without pain

My senses – to hear, smell and see

Job

Home

Faith

Family

Friends

Health

Parents

Neighbors

Church

Feelings

Your Love

Salvation – loving and forgiving God

A loving husband

Children – 2 wonderful

Daddy surgery going well

Grandma almost 90

We have a job

We have a house

Our child in Brazil

Pets

Pastor and family

Teachers

People in nursery

Wonderful family

Great job that I enjoy

Comfortable home

Modern medicine and the miracles You work through it

For God’s grace, love, mercy and bountiful forgiveness

Beautiful, loving family

Great friends

Being able to provide for our children

Continued health for both “Pop” and “Dad”

My wonderful, loving husband

For every sunrise and sunset

The opportunity to stay at home with my children

For my loving mother-in-law and father-in-law

Grace Christian Fellowship

God working in my life

Wonderful husband

Being able to spend time with family last week

Health

Darien and Anita for leading our home group –We are better Christians because of it

Terry and Martha Fletcher for showing us the way back closer to God

My wife and children

Salvation in Jesus

Comfortable home and job

Air conditioning

Being able to read

Friends

Air conditioning

Summer vacation

My room

A Church family

God

My grandparents

My parents

Family

Friends

Grace Christian Fellowship

A home

The church leaders

America

Freedom

A great neighborhood

Relationships

Family

Good health

Shelter over my head

Ability to worship in public

Friends

Wonderful parents

Every blessing you have given me

Schools

Laurel

Boys – Josh and Jeremy

Job – paycheck

Health – to help me work

My family’s health

Grace Christian Fellowship

Darien and his commitment

Bible and the wisdom for life

Jesus and His love

Freedom to worship and love

Our family

Health

Move to MN to be with family

Relationship with God

Bible

Family Members who are saved and the peace that comes with knowing that

Ability to serve rather than be served because of illness or inability

God – Jesus Christ – Holy Spirit

Family

Church and ministries at Grace Christian Fellowship

Christian Friends

Open minds and spirits with desire to serve the Lord

Those that do not know Christ so that we can bring them to salvation

His Blessings

Family

Home / Shelter

Food

Church Family

Freedom

Mom and Dad

Jesus

Grace Christian Fellowship

Grant and Garrett

Job

Friends / Brian, Steve and Mike

Fishing

Darien and his family

Jimmy

Elders

My family and friends

House

School

Fun and laughter

Song and dance

Family

Health

Faith

Love of my family

God listens to me

Courage

Blessings each and every day

Family and their love

Being to provide for my family

Family

Health

Job

House

Jesus

Husband and children

Family

Home

Educations

Blessings

Wife and children

Christian father, mother and brothers

The Cross of Christ

Grace Christian Fellowship

Health

Job

Food

Family / Friends

Home

Loving God the Father

Healthy children

Supportive wife

Opportunity to finish school

Sister has moved to Charleston and is learning how to do things on her own.

Opportunity to be used in ministry

Great job

Jimmy

Grace and James

My home

Food

Clothing

Health

My sister

Grace Christian Fellowship

Darien and Anita

Doris and Gene

Terry and Martha

Family

Education

Extended family

My friends

The Bible

Good books

Healthy Baby Girl (Selah)

Both Mom and Dad can stay home with Selah

Sister-in-law moved into our home (w 2 kids) out of a bad situation

Girlfriends

Healthy home

Children

My husband’s job – able to provide for us

David’s college undergrad work is done

Too many to list

Ability to rejoice

Andrea

Bob

Jason and Mandy

David and Terry – kids

John and Becky – kids

Health

Wealth in Christ

Grace Christian Fellowship

Darien Gabriel

Gene Hundley

Terry Fletcher

Jimmy Reeves

Rick Smith

Jo Ann and Otto

Jamie and Obed

Katy and Rob

Anita Gabriel

Harry Brown aka "Mr. Brown"

Justin and Melissa

Grace Christian Fellowship

Terry and Martha Fletcher and our bible study group

Wife

Bible

Holy Spirit

Wonderful parents / in-laws

Life and all of the experiences it brings

The privilege of serving the Grace family

My family

My wife

My personal relationship with Jesus Christ

My Home Group