rails

rails

Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter: To read or not to read

I read the first two Harry Potter books. And I'll admit that I felt somewhat guilty for doing it. No w I thoroughly enjoyed them both, being the fantasy fan that I am. But there was such a firestorm of debate going around I was afraid of recommending them. So I quit reading them and stayed neutral on the debate. Wimp, I know. But there it is. That is, until now.

This is a great article from blogger James Emery White on why Christians should read the Harry Potter books. I for one will resume my reading of this series.

Mad About Harry
The hype is over. It will be available for sale on July 21, 2007. People are already forming lines, camping out at stores, money in hand.
No, not for an iPhone. This doesn’t even take batteries.
They’re waiting for a book. A 784-page book.
The release of the seventh and final installment in J.K. Rowling’s (rhymes with “bowling”) fantasy series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is poised to break publishing records by the score, not least of which is an unprecedented initial printing in the United States alone of over 12 million copies.
Let’s face it. People are mad about Harry.
Some more so than others.
Read and comment on the rest of this blog.