rails

rails

Thursday, February 08, 2007

New cow valve, 2 by-passes & a plugged hole

Thank you all for praying for my dad up to and all day today.

I'm happy to report that he is resting in ICU right now. The heart valve has been replaced (with one from a cow!) and is working, his double bypass completed and working and they even found a hole in his heart that they were able to stitch up while they were in there. I wish I could say it was 3 surgeries for the price of one but you know how that goes...

He's not out of the woods yet so please remember him as he recovers. Sat. is supposed to be particularly painful. He will be in ICU through the weekend.

It's been an amazing day. My dad had his heart removed from his chest and stopped so that they could work on the inside of it. Meanwhile a machine kept him alive. At 9:15 pm I was talking to him and listening to him joke about "Not going anywhere" before I get back the next day (as he munches on ice chips). God is so good.

"Father, I thank you for my brother and sisters in Christ. Thank you for putting it on their hearts to pray for my dad. Thank you for hearing their prayers and answering by giving us more time with him. Bless each one as they continue to be a blessing to others. Each of them has their own prayer request. Give them the faith to believe that you are ready to answer their prayers as well. In Christ's name, amen."

Thank you also for praying for Ms. Shirley's surgery (throat). It went well and she goes home tomorrow.

And lastly, thank you for praying for James and his family as they bury his dad this week. They are doing well and appreciate your prayers.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." --Jesus, John 14:27, NIV

Grateful,

Darien & family