rails

rails

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Habits


Happy New Year!

Even today it took extra effort to make sure I got the date correct. My habit has become 2006. Jesus talked about walking with him being a habit; something that took little effort.

Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5) A branch doesn't try to grow--it just does when it's connected to the vine that provides life-sustaining nourishment. In the same way Jesus is telling us that the secret to the Christian life is to remain connected to him daily.

Just like I have to consciously think "Write 2007, not 2006" for the first few days of the new year, I consciously choose to build into my life spiritual habits that will help me stay connected with him. After a while, they become habits that are as normal as writing the date in December. For more helps go to free resources or click here for Bible reading plans.